Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATEreputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPELchange through business actions and transformation;
- NAVIGATEreputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges.
At Purple, we work to provide data-driven insights to our clients based on a wide variety of data sources, including primary research. We’re looking for a research manager whose core responsibilities will be designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting/presenting quantitative and qualitative research. At the same time, the ideal candidate will think beyond these traditional data sources and incorporate multiple data streams (such as desk research, first-party data, and digital analytics) into our analysis to create actionable insights that inform client strategies, messaging, campaign engagements, earned and paid media plans, and crisis management/rapid response monitoring.
You should love exploring and analyzing data, revel in uncovering hidden insights or trends, and have strong communications and presentation skills to turn data insights into meaningful client deliverables.
Responsibilities will include:
- Quantitative research management
- Translating research objectives into the best approaches & methods to address those objectives and answer key research questions, including drafting / contributing to research briefs and proposals
- Questionnaire drafting and development according to research best practices
- Developing sampling and weighting plans
- Overseeing field process (including vendor management)
- Quantitative data analysis and insight development
- Preparing reports, presentations and memos of key insights
- Qualitative research management
- Managing focus group scheduling and recruitment
- Discussion guide drafting and development
- Preparing reports, presentations and memos of key findings
- Syndicated, public and social data exploration
- Identifying new and relevant sources of information
- Mining and synthesizing data from multiple data streams / sources of information
- Working with cross-functional client teams to deliver integrated insights that address research objectives and help achieve key client goals
- 3-8 years of experience in political, public opinion, market research or consumer research; experience with corporate reputation or crisis management is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as social sciences, marketing or math; advanced degree or coursework is a plus
- Proven experience contributing to all phases of research projects from inception through delivery of results
- Experience utilizing various quantitative analysis techniques (such as cluster/factor analysis, regression/key driver analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics) and qualitative research methods (such as in-depth interviews, focus groups, and communities)
- Demonstrated success translating research results into actionable recommendations that had a significant impact on brand/marketing/media strategy
- Ability to create powerful stories led by data and insights and present complex research data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear, compelling, visual manner that inspires action
- Proficiency with Powerpoint, Excel and Word; statistical software such as R, SPSS or Marketsight a plus
- Strong organizational, time management, writing, and communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to consistently influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and adapt to changing situations and a fast-paced environment
Purple Strategies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Champion.