Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATE reputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPEL change through business actions and transformation;
- NAVIGATE reputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges.
The client team associate’s primary responsibility is to provide tactical support on a client team and to assist with the development and activation of a campaign to achieve a client’s desired outcome in service of the overarching strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Provide logistical support through the scheduling and facilitating of digital and in-person meetings, drafting memos and preparing presentations for client meetings.
- Take detailed notes in both internal and external meetings, consolidating key insights and clearly communicating next steps.
- Leverage social and traditional media monitoring tools, which you will be trained on, to develop actionable reporting. Develop client-ready reports on what you find.
- Build and maintain project plans and be accountable for communicating progress against them and pushing the team to meet deadlines.
- Track political and regulatory topics and develop high quality reports for internal and client consumption.
- Assist team members in the development and execution of campaigns across multiple channels and stakeholders, considering strategic direction while supporting, and when needed, driving day-to-day execution.
- Support content creation for campaign execution including the creation of social media content and search copy, draft op-eds, and draft messaging.
- Contribute to Purple’s growth and success, including conducting new business research and assisting with the drafting of new business proposals.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of political, corporate communications, or agency experience required.
- Superb writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organization, client service and communication skills.
- Strong traditional and digital media skills and knowledge.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is polished and professional.
- Experience with media contact software (Cision, Vocus), and media compiling services (Google News, Nexis, Factiva) is a plus.
- Open-minded and respectful to multiple points of view; comfortable collaborating closely with others.