About Purple Strategies
Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to help leverage or reduce pressure on a business, brand or issue. We help build and defend reputation and brand value and serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges. We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated, team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATE reputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPEL change through business actions and transformation; and
- NAVIGATE reputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory
changes to inform decision-making.
About the Position
This is a full-time position in Purple Strategies’ Client and Campaigns Expertise Group. The Client Lead has primary responsibility for developing and managing multifaceted campaign plans that help solve our clients’ complex challenges. This is a Senior Director Level role that will collaborate closely with team members and insights and creative specialists to ensure flawless, on-time and high impact delivery of campaign components. The role requires a candidate comfortable driving strategic campaign development as well as managing tactical day-to-day campaign deliverables.
In This Position, You Will:
- Work with client teams to identify clients’ desired outcome and develop strategy to achieve client’s outcome, objective and goals
- Develop insights-based campaign plans that identify appropriate voices, target audiences, stakeholders and customized assets
- Develop campaign plans that include appropriate message platform and narratives for target audiences, stakeholder groups etc. and other strategic and tactical plans
- Identify appropriate campaign assets and content to support an integrated channel strategy to successfully execute the client campaign plan
- Setting and regularly assessing the direction of an overall client engagement; assertively lead clients and manage day-to-day client engagement from concept to execution, maintaining high quality output and progress to strategic goals
- Track multiple, ongoing work streams for each individual client and effectively communicate status across client account team
- Develop a wide range of communication materials such as memos, strategies, PowerPoint presentations, press releases, talking points, opinion editorials, speeches
- Proactively manage the firm’s resources and act as resource for firm leadership; leading client teams where appropriate
- Work with client teams and firm leadership to expand opportunities with current clients and identify opportunities with prospective clients; provide content for business development proposals as necessary
- Support firm leadership in managing and directing client teams, including recruiting, hiring, guiding, coaching, setting goals, training, developing, monitoring and assessing performance, and maintaining positive employee relations
Qualifications and Experience You Need to Be Successful In This Role:
- Ideal candidate is minimum of 12 to 15 years of statewide/national political campaign experience and/or related professional services and strategic communications experience
- Familiarity with all aspects of communications campaigns including public opinion research, media planning (traditional and digital), creative development, media relations, digital engagement strategy and budget management
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, networking and client relationship skills
- Superior writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Distinct attention to detail, superior multitasking skills, master of prioritization techniques, and ability to identify and communicate items needing further attention
- Team-player attitude and a drive to find solutions and effectuate change rapidly
- Leadership skills; experience leading all levels of employees; creative, energetic, detail-oriented and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
This is a full-time position based in either our Alexandria, VA headquarters or our Chicago office. Purple Strategies offers a hybrid model and seeks employees who are comfortable working in the office for a portion of their workweek. Purple values the camaraderie, connection, inclusion and professional development that in-person interactions provide, yet still recognizes the importance of flexibility and balance in our employees’ lives.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter online at www.purplestrategies/joinourteam.com
Purple is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.