Purple Strategies is a corporate reputation and strategy firm that combines the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, nonprofits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We operate in a highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help clients:
- ANTICIPATEreputation challenges and opportunities;
- COMPELchange through business actions and transformation;
- NAVIGATEreputation issues, acute crises, key business choices and policy/regulatory changes to inform decision-making.
Purple helps the world’s most important organizations address their toughest challenges.
Lead all aspects of the People, Talent, and Culture functions. The Managing Director, Human Resources will set the foundation for scale, and the process to ensuring our projected expansion is supported with the right talent, including growing and developing our bench as well as attracting top Talent. The role will report directly to COO/ Managing Partner.
What You'll Do:
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company's mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the company's executive management team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Partner with the senior leadership team and community leaders to develop and implement our People Strategy. You ensure our values are upheld and translated through the development and key programs and initiatives.
- Promote a culture of transparency and trust through thoughtful and strategic communication and messaging.
- Source, engage, and hire the best talent, positioning us as the employer of choice for top-tier talent. Offer new and creative strategies for acquiring and retaining key talent for our home team and communities.
- Oversee all people related policies, compliance, and administrative functions.
- Devise, develop and deliver learning strategies and development programming that support the achievement of desired performance outcomes and business results. Implement growth plans and mentorship programs that rewards high performers and motivates the workforce to grow within the company.
- Oversee the selection, administration and maintenance of our HR technology to support the business, including HRIS implementation.
- Devise programs to create a feedback-rich environment both culturally and in formal evaluation. Lead progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for meeting and exceeding performance expectations.
- Establish and develop best practices, processes and strategies to support future expansion. Maintain and evolve organizational charts to ensure optimal organization, including making recommendations to the senior leadership team.
- Oversee and lead Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies for the company, including Corporate Social Responsibility.
Who you are:
- A proven functional expert leader with 15- 20 years of experience leading People teams.
- Experience with technology programs and platforms focused on Human Resources (HRIS), Applicant Tracking, Onboarding and Learning and Development.
- Understanding of how to attract and retain A-talent and demonstrated ability to build strong teams across all levels – individual contributor to executive.
- Prior experience working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels.
- Cross-functional. Ability to engage at the executive level of the organization, interfacing with key leaders to formulate plans and influence talent strategies. An experienced “bridge” builder and collaborator. Problem solver.
- Excellent communicator. You possess the gravitas and executive management skills necessary to work through all levels within the organization.
- You are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
- A self-starter. You are not deterred by occasional ambiguity and a fast pace.
- Nimble/Agile. You enjoy stepping outside of your comfort zone and relish the opportunity to tackle new and exciting challenges.
- Integrity. You keep your word and do not cut ethical corners. You choose to do what is right versus what is most convenient.
- Team Player. You would never ask anyone to do something that you are not willing to do yourself, you lead by example.
Education and Training Requirements:
- BS/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in human resources will be a plus
- Professional certification in HR highly desired
- Experience in the Public Relations and Marketing/Communications industry preferred
- Occasional travel may be required
Purple Strategies, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Champion.